Friday 21 October 2011

O-O-OREO! cheesecakes

Who doesn't like oreos's? Ok, if you say that you don't get of this page, I mean how can you not! You basically have permission to play with your food. Twist, Lick, Dunk!
These cupcakes also featured at my brother engagement. I loved the squeals of delight when people realised there was a whole oreo at the bottom. You hear me, a WHOLE OREO!!  Now, I have to admit, I am not a huge chocolate cheesecake fan, I would prefer a chocolate mousse, or just plain chocolate. FYI do not let me buy a jumbo bag of nestle chocolate chips, I have now gone to that stage where I don't have enough to actually make the intended chocolate chip cookies I was going to make. 
To the cheesecakes, make them,then you will make lots of friends. 

These cupcakes have been on the blogging scene for a while but I used this recipe from Handle the Heat. I did not change the recipe one bit, oh i might of added a few more oreos in the mixture..... there are left over oreos, save me!

These make 30-36 depending on cupcake patty pan size. 

Ingredients:
42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, 16 coarsely chopped

Room temperature 1 kg of cream cheese, I used Philadelphia 
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, 
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt


Preheat oven to 135 degrees (I was surprised about how low this was, but apparently its some cheesecake science). Fill each cupcake hole with a patty pan, then place a whole oreo cookies in each hole...this may include your mouth. I may have been using the one for the tin, one for the mouth technique. Total sugar high!

 Beat the cream cheese, making sure not to combine to much air into the mixture (they can explode- who knew!). Keep beating the mixture whilst gradually adding the sugar, and then the vanilla. Keep on beating whilst adding each egg make sure each one is incorporated before adding the next one. Then add sour cream and salt, and keep in beating! Time to stop that beating and stir in those cookie crumbs.


 Grab a big spoonful of cookie cheesecake mixture and feel each cupcake tin almost to the top. Bake for 22 minutes, TURN THE CHEESECAKES AROUND HALFWAY THROUGH (22 minutes). Cool the cheesecakes completely, then refrigerate for up to 4 hours (overnight is ok). Try to keep the cheesecakes in the cupcake containers till serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated...Just keep it clean.