Saturday 5 November 2011

Meat-bean Balls

Hands up if you have cravings. Most people crave the beautiful creaminess of chocolate or a sugar hit. I am not most people, I am a weirdo. Give me a plate of garlic sauce with hints of a yiros contents and I am a very happy woman. Give me some bacon, or cheese or anything that will had to my cholesterol level and I will have a fork, devouring it. Currently I'm on a serious sour cream hit. People I am not pregnant just designed to be fat. 
So what does a person do when you love garlic sauce but have less than a month to get into a bikini for a trip around Asia do. You make it healthy. Oh baby that sounds sacrilegious-  I mean this is so healthy that even personal trainers will shake their head and go OH NO YOU DIDN'T! Yes, yes I did.
You know what it still tastes freaking delicious, maybe even better than the fat one.

Ingredients

2 cloves of garlic
500g of lamb mince
1 handful of parsely
1 tablespoon of oregano
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tin of butter beans (can be chickpeas)

Recipe

Blender, Blender how I love thee, you make my life so much easier. Shh, I have been in exam study so I'm allowed to blabber.
Anyway, Drain your butter beans and dump them in the blender/food processor with the garlic and parsley. Combine the meat and the butter bean mixture (It will hold with no egg). Roll into little balls or even patties. Place in the refrigerator till chilled (about 30 minutes). Heat up pan with some oil, and fry in batches. The great thing about these is that they freeze very well. 

Enjoy and bask in the healthiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated...Just keep it clean.