Tuesday 1 November 2011

Oreo Brownies


I swear Mr. Personal trainer I do not generally eat so many oreos! I swear. I promise this is a one off, I had left over oreos from my brother's engagement. I promise these are left overs, there will be no more oreo recipes. My waistline will not expand anymore!

I have recently started to realise that I am growing up. Decisions are being made that will afect my life. After having 2 very bad days of rejections, decision and waistline issues. I decided to throw in the towel so to speak and make these for my leaving hospitality forever party. That's right, no more smelling like food or being nice to arrogant customers (Thankyou Mr for telling me I walk to loudly!). I will miss the nice ones though, like the lovely couple from the isle of White in merry olde England, the business men who were constantly asking about my degree, or even the little kiddies that used to give me kisses.
But, I need to move on. Also go to Asia in the mean time (future blog will explain).

I give you Oreo Brownies to solve your sorrows and to put a smile on your dile. Growing up ain't so bad as long as there is chocolate, I swear i'll run tomorrow.

RECIPE
Curtesy of the Nestle tin

150g melted butter
1 c baking cocoa
4 eggs
2 c brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
3/4 c plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
20 whole oreo

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease with butter and line tin with baking paper. I used a 27cm x 18 cm tin.

Melt the butter fully and stir in cocoa. Let it cool down for ten minutes (when im really lazy I just skip this bit- but its worth it). Stir in the brown sugar and vanilla. 

Sift in the flour and baking powder together. Stir, until combined. 

Pour half the mixture in the tin and spread it to the edges. This is the delicious part, make sure that there are extra oreo's for this bit. Take the oreo's and place them on top of the mixture, you can either be neat or just chuck them in the middle. I used the neat method as it meant that every slice I cut got an Oreo.
Put the other half of the mixture on top of the oreo's, spreading the mixture and making sure to cover the oreo's with the batter.

Pop it in the oven for 35minute for undercooked fudgy brownies, 40-45 for cooked but still delicious brownies.

Wait until cooled to slice. 

Slap your boyfriend hand's when he tries to steal them. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is full of love and life. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated...Just keep it clean.